Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Friday, February 22, 2013
I still have mixed feelings on this one. It was sculpted a long time ago and I recently pulled it from my recycle bin to give it another go. This model was started in zbrush with ZSpheres, then retopologized in topogun, and brought back to Zbrush to wrap up the sculpting.
Monday, February 18, 2013
Well, I started this telling myself I was going to make this sculpt only polyshperes. That was the case, until it was time to sculpt the legs. I started to get impatient with using dynamesh so I decided to use zspheres to make the legs. The overall build of this sculpt was based off a black scorpion, for the exception of the obvious "mouth" in the lower front area of the scorpion. Oh and also, I need to sculpt the freaking mandibles! After sculpting to a certain point I then retopologized in 3dcoat and topogun, then unwrapped in 3ds max. You can see from the YouTube video I had mandibles, I must have forgotten to same my ztool.
Friday, February 15, 2013
So i was looking for references for my vampire bat creature bust I was sculpting and stumbled upon a certain picture. I must have googled either "hunger" or "starvation". For some reason I decided to sculpt a similar figure, not necessarily going for his likeness, but for the anatomy. I am pleased with the start, but there is still quite a long way to go on this.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
After my first attempt at a male head in zbrush it made sense to try out a female head. I approached it similar to the made head, forming a skull shape first in order to get the proportions right. This was were I spent the majority of time making use of the move brush. i also retopologized the head in topogun to get cleaner topology.
Wednesday, February 6, 2013
This was a dinosaur I had modeled and sculpted a while ago, so there are quite a few rookie mistakes. I wouldn't exactly call forgetting to model dewclaw a rookie mistake, more like a catastrophe. So it was damage control when I realized I forgot it. Not too pleased with the sculpting, but I decided to paint him anyway to get better at texturing. The modeling was done in Autodesk 3ds max, but I ended up sculpting the tongue in zbrush and retopologizing it in topogun. The gums in the mouth were also done in zbrush, along with the arm and leg "plates".