Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blue ghost soldier

This character was a great learning experience for me. I learned many techniques(And some I'm still improving on) throughout the course of this model. One of the 9 full models I had to do in 10 weeks for school this quarter that just ended. To save time I grabbed the base mesh from mudbox, added toes in 3ds max, then later retopologized the sculpt in topogun. I also tried marmoset for the first time, using the first version of the software. A friend of mine +Terrance Baldwin did the concept, allowing me to make some creative choices i didn't agree with(like removing the stalactites)



Marmoset:
 High poly

Maps:

Reference:

Friday, March 14, 2014

"Beak"


Another model I did for school this quarter, this time a 3D illustration. I came up with a creature design based of from images of animals I gathered. This time I started with a simple zsphere setup, then used the move brush to get the forms that I liked. When the model was done in zbrush I did a quick polypaint and spent hours in photoshop to arrive at the final result.