Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Alienware M17x

The goal of this project was mainly for product visualization purposes. Also the unique lighting challenge it provides, I'll be crossing that bridge when I get to it. Rendering will be done right after the modeling process.

I got some more work don on the keyboard area of the laptop:
Looks like I forgot the Ethernet jack lol.


Finally had the chance to continue work on this project. I've finished the bottom for the most part, and started work on the keyboard:
 



The holes have been made.
Now it's time to actually model what goes in them:

I added some out side geometry:
they will be used to create the various holes on the sides:



I did some work on the back, and the bottom.
Lots of extruding, and using the connect tool a lot to add supporting edges:

 I did some work on the front, making the insets. i also did some more shaping:
 

Then I duplicated the box, added edge loops and did some shaping.
I then added a symmetry modifier to create the other side:

First, I started out with a box:

No comments:

Post a Comment