Pages

Monday, September 26, 2011

Legends Car Racing Mod

UPDATE 10/30/2011
More screenshots. This mod is STILL far from complete, please be very patient.




 UPDATE 10/26/2011First in game screenshots of one of the cars in game. This mod is STILL in it's infancy, things are indeed subject to change:




UPDATE 10/21/2011
All models have been sent to the modder, Ian. I am currently waiting on whatever progress he has made.


 UPDATE 10/4/2011
All models are now complete, including the 1937 Ford sedan. At this point all I can do is send the models to the modder, Ian. He has informed me he is simultaneously working on other projects, and that the mod process might take some time. Here are the final models:

From left to right in the 3rd image above:
1934 Chevy Coupe (1934 Ford coupe is very identical)
1934 Ford sedan
1937 Chevy sedan
1937 Ford sedan

Stay tuned for more updates!



UPDATE 9/30/2011
Upon completing the 1934 Chevy coupe legends car model, I decided to model the other cars in the 600racing legends car series.

***NOTE: the 1934 Ford coupe looks identical to the 1934 chevy coupe, so I did not model that.***

First up is the 1934 Ford sedan:

And then the 1937 Chevy Sedan:




And finally the 1937 Ford Sedan

The 1937 Ford Sedan is still incomplete, final update coming soon.

UPDATE 9/29/2011

Model is nearly complete, awaiting a final review from the Modder Ian S. I'm glad I was able to keep the polycount under 2000, which is vital in preventing the game from crashing.



PROJECT START 9/21/2011
The goal of this project is to create a racing mod for the a racing simulation called NASCAR racing 2003 Season. This game is still being raced today many many fans. I've always wanted to create a mod for it, but beyond the 3D modeling process it begins to get very complicated. Fortunately I have found someone who is willing to take this beyond the modeling process. This is the first car in the series, the 1934 Chevy coupe.

Model is still incomplete


As I said this model is incomplete. There is a catch however, the entire model must be under 2000 polygons.

15 comments:

  1. Looks good so far, can't wait to see them in-game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, not sure about the physics yet though, might be pta for public release.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing yet, I have not received word from the modder yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw a lot of thing on this mod on internet and i want to know if you have finish with it or not

    ReplyDelete
  5. It isn't finished yet, I'm still waiting on the modder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks Great! I can't wait for the mod to be released :)

    I have one question, Do you take NR2003 mod request after you've finished with the one in progress?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comment. It depends on what the request is. I have something planned after this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank god that you are maybe able to help.
      NR2003 is slowly Dying and, I hope you accept this mod request: A late 70s Winston Cup Mod (1979 season) Maybe I can help you with the carsets :)

      I'm sure if you create this mod it can cover up to 5 more Winston cup series for NR2003. Nobody have ever created this mod for NR2003. Many would be very happy to see one.

      --Good Luck on the Mod in progress!--

      Delete
  8. The problem is that all I do is make the 3D models. I then pass it on to someone else who mods and puts it in the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  9. OH, well it's ok i know a little about stuff like that but not all of them.

    Why not you just make the 3d models and then send them to me or somebody who is willing to help. Interested?

    Sorry if this question bothered you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do YOU yourself make mods? What mods have you made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, ive been trying to learn how to make mods but i don't understand about the 3d modeling stuff and the .psg script.

      If you are not able to help its fine, i understand :)

      And If i do know how make mods myself. i would have done the late 70s mod a long time ago.

      Delete