Monday, April 21, 2014

Mutated Cassowary

Model number (lost count) for school last quarter. I enjoyed this model, but it yet again exposed an area of improvement for me, LOW POLY GAME HAIR. The sculpting as usual began in Zbrush, with retopology in Topogun. Texturing was 40% polypainting in Zbrush and 60% Photoshop. I took a huge gamble with the beauty render, because I did something I never did before. The background was a combination of different images, using layer masking to blend then together. Something I've seen a lot of the pros do.





high poly:




maps/wireframe:




A few of the several render passes from Zbrush: