Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The Machinist

The moment I saw the concept of this character, i knew i had to model it. I did this for school last quarter, but I had my eye on this guy for quite some time. I haven't really done any stylized characters, so I figured this would be a good test for me, AND IT WAS. The concept art was deceptively simple. I began the sculpting process from a sphere, using primitive objects in zbrush to block out the various parts of the model.

My biggest regret with this character is the topology, because of time(9 full body models in 10 weeks for school) I had to rely on Zremesher in Zbrush to generate topology. Normally I would do it manually with Topogun.

UV mapping was done with Zbrush(time constraints) and then rearranged in 3ds max. Most of the texturing was done in Photoshop. Finally, I used V-ray for the lighting, generated multiple render passes and composited them all in Photoshop. The 3ds max hair and fur modifier was used for the hair.

Final image:

Process:

Sculpting timelapse:



High poly:




Wireframe:
Maps:





Lighting:




Reference(By Luca Torsello):
https://www.behance.net/Tursy

1 comment: