Monday, November 25, 2013

"Beast" creature concept

Another model that was done this quarter. (Wrapped up completion about a few days ago) The initial design of this creature was intended to be more of a carnivorous herbivore (yes, you read correctly) but as time went on it really started to bother me, so I ended up starting over, a decision I do not regret.

Final render, composited in Photoshop:


For this creature I decided to start with Zspheres:






I used ZRemesher and some guides  to generate a loy poly mesh, then reprojected the details, finished the sculpt and polypainted the model.




Quick posing was done using Zbrushes transpose master: